This is a recipe from my friend, Chelsea R. With limited materials and time, she was able to whip up a wonderful, tasty Georgia Peach Cobbler in less than 30 minutes.
We were graciously sent some ripe Georgia Peaches from The Georgia Peach Council since June and July is peak Georgia peach fruit season – check them all out by visiting #sweetgeorgiapeaches on social media.
So we had 4 peaches, and pretty much things left over in the pantry – some vanilla extract, some sugar, a box of cake mix from Betty Crocker – and a toaster oven.
– 4 Georgia Peaches, peeled and sliced
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– 1 box of cake mix
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– Set oven to 375 degrees F
– On a hot pan, sautee the sliced peaches and add 1 tablespoons of sugar to get to a nice brown
– Transfer to a glass ceramic pan or oven ready pan
– Add cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of sugar
– Cover cover with cake mix
– Melt butter on pan and cover top of peach cobbler with butter
– Transfer to oven and set for 30 minutes
– Let cool for 15 minutes in oven
Video instructions on youtube: