The holiday season is upon us – and what better place to learn about all the traditions from around the world than at EPCOT’s International Festival of the Holidays?
From Nov. 18 through Dec. 30, Epcot brims with holiday magic, as guests will be able to sample international seasonal delicacies, delight in live entertainment, and enjoy festive decor. We were recently invited to a media preview of all the happenings – especially with the food and beverage aspect – for this year’s International Festival of the Holidays.
This year, savor seasonal food & beverage specialties at the expanded Holiday Kitchens, including holiday favorites such as yule log pastries and pastelon with plantains, and the new Holiday Cookie Stroll.
Also not to be missed – watch as Santa Claus, Papa Noel, and many other time-honored traditions are brought to life throughout World Showcase.
Here are some of the festivities guests will enjoy:
- NEW! Holiday Cookie Stroll – Guests can enjoy World Showcase and purchase delicious cookies from cookie stroll locations. As they indulge in these sweet treats, they may collect stamps for each cookie. Guests who get five stamps will be rewarded with a complimentary “completer” cookie and a cold glass of milk! The Holiday Cookie Stroll can be completed at guests’ leisure, with the ability to bring the passport back until Dec. 30.
- NEW! Tastes at Holiday Kitchens – Guests will savor some of the most delectable holiday dishes from across the globe at 12 specialty kitchens set around World Showcase. New items this year include black forest roulade with cherry whipped cream at the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen in the Germany pavilion and sofrito-marinated beef with sweet plantains and olives at the Feast of the Three Kings Holiday Kitchen. A brand-new kitchen this year, L’Chaim!, will feature traditional Jewish dishes such as pastrami on rye, chicken and matzo ball soup, egg cream and more.
- Candlelight Processional – The story of Christmas is powerfully told by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a full choir and a 50-piece orchestra in a performance that inspires joy and holiday spirit. New narrators this year include Helen Hunt, Alfonso Ribeiro, Bart Millard and voice of Moana, Auli’i Cravalho. Returning favorites include Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg and voice of Ariel, Jodi Benson. This elegant showcase is performed three times nightly, and for the first time will be presented on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22.
- Candlelight Processional Dining Packages – Guests can add more magic to their holiday celebrations with a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner followed by reserved seating at a performance of the Candlelight Processional. Dining options include some of the tastiest restaurants in Epcot and the adjacent Disney’s BoardWalk Resort and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. To reserve Candlelight Dining Packages, guests can call (407) WDW-DINE.
- Storytellers and Holiday Entertainment – Costumed performers will bring the traditions of their home countries to Epcot with holiday stories and music told around World Showcase, along with a variety of other international festive entertainment.
- Chip ’n Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree – Guests will join these playful chipmunks on their quest to collect ornaments for their Christmas tree. Guests may purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations and then travel World Showcase hunting for ornaments. A surprise is in store for those who complete the hunt!
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – This nighttime spectacular of fireworks, special effects, flame torches and more includes a special holiday finale from Nov. 18 to Dec. 30. This will be the final holiday season for IllumiNations, as the show is currently scheduled to conclude at the end of summer 2019, with new thrills on World Showcase Lagoon set to debut immediately afterward.
- Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus – Guests can pose for a photo and share their holiday wishes while visiting with Santa and Mrs. Claus at The American Adventure.
A Taste of the Holidays for Everyone!
Celebrate holidays around the world through the beloved culinary traditions of different nations. During Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, you can visit themed holiday kitchens that evoke the spirit of the season through flavorful food and beverages.
Kitchens are open daily November 18 to December 30, 2018 from noon to 8:00 PM.
American Holiday Table
Enjoy a salute to flavorful holiday feasts at this holiday kitchen in the American Adventure Pavilion. The menu features traditional American holiday delights that are sure to evoke fond memories of grandma’s kitchen.
Slow-Roasted Turkey with Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Cranberry Sauce (kid-approved)
Hand-carved Smoked Ham with Green Beans and Sweet Potato Casserole (gluten-friendly and kid-approved)
Chocolate Pecan Tart with Whipped Cream and Whisky Caramel Sauce (vegetarian)
Red and Green Chocolate Chip Cookie (vegetarian)
AMERICAN HERITAGE® Milk Chocolate Gourmet Hot Cocoa with Wondermade Marshmallows (kid-approved and non-alcoholic)
Orange Blossom Brewing Cranberry Kringle Pilsner, Orlando, FL
Shipyard Eggnog White Porter, Clearwater, FL
JDub’s Season’s Greetings Peppermint Milk Stout, Sarasota, FL
Holiday Beer Flight
Cocoa Candy Cane: AMERICAN HERITAGE® Milk Chocolate Gourmet Hot Cocoa with Peppermint Schnapps
Bavaria Holiday Kitchen
Stop by the Germany Pavilion for heart-warming holiday dishes and refreshing beverages.
Potato Dumpling with Mushroom Sauce (kid-approved)
Sauerbraten, Red Cabbage and Spätzle
Cheese Fondue in a Bread Bowl with Fresh Steamed Baby Vegetables and Marble Potatoes Featuring Melissa’s Produce (kid-approved and vegetarian)
Black Forest Roulade with Cherry Whip Cream
Peppermint Sugar Cookie (vegetarian)
Possmann Pure Hard Apple Cider, Frankfurt, Germany
Possmann Pure Hard Black Currant Apple Cider, Frankfurt, Germany
Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer, Frankfurt, Germany
Glühwein: House-Made Hot Spiced Wine
Feast of the Three Kings
Dine like royalty as you enjoy scrumptious foods and delicious drinks from the Caribbean. Inspired by the story of the Magi, this holiday kitchen celebrates the tradition of Three Kings’ Day—El Día De Los Reyes Magos.
Pastelón: Sofrito-Marinated Beef with Sweet Plantains and Olives (gluten-friendly)
Queso Fresco-Stuffed Arepa Topped with Shrimp, Crushed Avocado Aji and Tomato Sauce (gluten-friendly)
Arepas Topped with Melted Queso Fresco (gluten-friendly and vegetarian)
Tres Leches Rice Pudding with Pumpkin Seeds (gluten-friendly)
Green and White Sugar Cookie (vegetarian)
Coquito: Tropical Eggnog (kid-approved and non-alcoholic)
M.I.A. Beer Company Tres Reyes Mango Golden
Coquito: Tropical Eggnog with a Bacardi Rum Floater
Holiday Sweets and Treats
Satisfy your sweet tooth with desserts, hot cocoa and more at this kitchen at Promenade Refreshments. Snack, sip and savor as you enjoy sweeping views of World Showcase Lagoon.
Peppermint Sundae: Chocolate Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and Peppermint Candy (gluten-friendly and kid-approved)
Holiday Tree Sugar Cookie (vegetarian)
Red and Green Mickey Sugar Cookie (vegetarian)
Hot Cocoa (kid-approved and non-alcoholic)
T.G. Lee Eggnog (non-alcoholic)
Chocolate Apple Shake Featuring Twinings® Winter Spice Tea (non-alcoholic)
Shipyard Eggnog White Porter, Clearwater, FL
Hot Cocoa with Assorted Cordials (Baileys Irish Cream, Frangelico Liqueur or Fireball Cinnamon Whisky)
Firenog: T.G. Lee Eggnog with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
Chocolate Apple Shake Featuring Twinings® Winter Spice Tea and Butterscotch Schnapps
L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen – NEW!
Raise a toast to life as you enjoy classic Jewish fare and a little New York flare.
Pastrami on Rye with House-Made Pickles and Deli Mustard
Potato Knish with Herb Sour Cream (kid-approved and vegetarian)
Matzo Ball Soup
Black and White Cookie (vegetarian)
Egg Cream: Milk, Chocolate Syrup and Seltzer (non-alcoholic)
Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager
Blue Cosmo Cocktail
Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen
Watch mariachi dancers celebrating a Feliz Navidad while you indulge in Mexican cuisine.
Enchilada de Pollo con Mole: Chipotle Chicken in a Corn Tortilla Topped with Mole Negro and Garnished with Shredded Oaxaca Cheese and Sesame Seeds
Tamal de Camarón: Corn Tamal Stuffed with Guajillo-Marinated Shrimp Topped with Mole Rojo and Shredded Cotija Cheese
Arroz Con Leche: Rice Pudding with Cranberries
Cerveza Mexicana Artesanal: Allende Mexican Craft Ale served with a Floater of Kahlúa Liqueur
Noche Buena Margarita: Libélula Joven Tequila, Cranberry and Lime Juices and Agave Nectar Topped with Lime Foam and Sprinkles
La Posada Margarita: Cazadores Blanco Tequila, Horchata-Cinnamon Liquor, and Agua de Horchata Topped with Cinnamon
Le Marché de Noël Holiday Kitchen
Savor French cuisine, wine and specialty cocktails from this holiday kitchen in the France Pavilion.
Napoléon de Saumon Fumé, Brioche á l’aneth: Smoked Salmon Napoleon in a Dill Brioche
Bouchée à la Reine Traditionnelle: Turkey and Mushrooms in a Veloute Cream Sauce served in a Light Puff Pastry
Bûche de Noël au Chocolat “Christmas Log”: Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Caramel Ganache (kid-approved)
Spiced Rum Punch Slush: Spiced Rum, Rhum Clement V.S.O.P., Orange and Pineapple Juice with Cinnamon
Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot Blend, Château La Grand Moulin, Blaye, Côtes de Bordeaux
Holiday Kir: Sparkling Wine and Monin Cranberry Syrup
Willm, Brut Blanc de Blanc Sparkling Wine
Celebrate the spirit of the season with uniquely themed brews or a holiday flight!
M.I.A. Beer Company White Christmas IPA, Doral, FL
Central 28 Beer Company My Favorite Things Brown Ale, DeBary, FL
Copperpoint Brewing Company Cold Brew Coffee Lager, Boynton Beach, FL
3 Daughters Brewing 70 Degree Winter Weizen, St. Petersburg, FL
Big Storm Brewing Co. Dunder & Blixem Winter Ale, Tampa Bay, FL
Shipyard Candy Cane Coffee Porter, Clearwater, FL
Holiday Beer Flight 1
Holiday Beer Flight 2
Sapphire Holiday Kitchen
Visit the Morocco Pavilion to spice up your life with traditional dishes and refreshing beverages.
Grilled Lamb Kefta Kebab with Whole Wheat Pita, Cucumber, Olives, Tomatoes, Mint Yogurt Sauce and Harissa-Cilantro Dressing
Confit of Chermoula Chicken Drum with Cinnamon Granny Smith Apple, Toasted Almonds, Brussels Sprouts and Pinot Noir Glaze
“Sfenj”: Warm Beignets, Cream with Cinnamon Sugar, Toasted Almonds and Chocolate Sauce
Kasbah Prestige Red Wine
The Andalusian “Poinsettia” Cocktail: Sparkling Wine, Orange Liqueur and Cranberry Juice topped with Orange Blossom Water
Walnut Spiced Coffee with Walnut Liqueur, Topped with Cinnamon and Whipped Cream
Shanghai Holiday Kitchen
Bow down to flavor as you enjoy bao buns, egg rolls and more from this holiday kitchen in the China Pavilion.
Pork and Vegetable Egg Rolls (kid-approved)
Mongolian Beef Bao Bun and a Fortune Cookie
Celebration Barbecue Pork with Steamed Rice and a Fortune Cookie
Spicy Mala Chicken with Steamed Rice and a Fortune Cookie
Sweetened Bubble Milk Tea: Mango Flavored Milk Tea with Tapioca Pearls (non-alcoholic)
Shi Wasu Holiday Kitchen
Savor delicious holiday dishes served up in the Japan Pavilion.
New Year Celebration Soba: Buckwheat Soba Noodles in Hot Dashi Soup with Chicken and Spinach
Holiday Green Tea “Yule Log”: Delicate Spongecake Rolled with Whipped Cream Filling
Ichigo Milk Boba: Popping Strawberry Boba Cream Drink with Japanese Calpico (non-alcoholic)
Sapporo Draft Beer
Cinnamon Apple Cider: Plum Wine, Orange Juice with Lemonade and Apples
Tuscany Holiday Kitchen
Embark on a culinary adventure at this holiday kitchen in the Italy Pavilion.
Cavatappi ai Quattro Formaggi: Baked 4-Cheese Pasta, Parmesan Crumble and Truffle Essence (kid-approved)
Mozzarella in Carozza: Golden-Crusted Fried Mozzarella Sandwich and Tomato Sauce (kid-approved)
Crespelle di Mele: Cinnamon Apple Fritters and Vanilla Sauce Drizzle with Chocolate Caramel Sauce
Bacio al Cioccolato: Warm Hazelnut Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Mascarpone Cream
Panettone Mignon: Miniature Traditional Italian Christmas Fruitcake
Moretti La Rossa Double Malt Beer
Yukon Holiday Kitchen
Treat your taste buds to mouthwatering Canadian favorites in the Canada Pavilion.
Seared Salmon with Crown Royal Whisky Glaze, Parsnip Silk, Apple Chutney and Hazelnut Croquant
Traditional French Canadian Tourtiere with Canadian Ketchup (kid-approved)
Maple Bûche de Noël: Maple Mousse rolled in Gingerbread Chiffon Cake with Cranberry Sauce and Pecan Crumble (kid-approved and vegetarian)
Gold Chocolate Chip Cookie (vegetarian)
Frozen Coffee (non-alcoholic)
Unibroue Éphémère Strawberry & Rhubarb
Inniskillin Riesling Icewine
Inniskillin Pearl Vidal Icewine
Inniskillin Gold Oak Icewine
Ice Wine Flight
Frozen Coffee with Tap 357 Whisky
More Culinary Delights
In addition to the holiday kitchens, select food and beverage locations will feature seasonal treats.
Canada Popcorn Cart – Pecan Maple Bark
Fife & Drum Tavern – Holiday Apple Pie Sundae with Soft-Serve Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce and Crunchy Streusel Topping (kid-approved)
L’Artisan des Glaces – Glace au Pain d’Epices: Gingerbread Ice Cream with Gingerbread Pieces (kid-approved)
Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie – Bûche de Noël au Chocolate: Chocolate Christmas Log with Chocolate Mint Cream Mousse and Chocolate Crunch Biscuit (kid-approved)
Refreshment Cool Post – Warm Caramel-Stuffed Salted Pretzel with Soft-Serve Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce (kid-approved)
Refreshment Port – Turkey Poutine: Sweet Potato Fries with Turkey Gravy, Cranberry Relish and Crispy Onions
Eggnog Shake (non-alcoholic)
Eggnog Shake with Baileys Irish Cream
Taste Track – Croissant Doughnut with Chocolate and Holiday Sprinkles (kid-approved), Croissant Doughnut with Eggnog Pastry Cream and Gingerbread Crumbs, Pancake Milkshake (non-alcoholic)