Crown Maple’s singular, certified-organic maple products are featured at the Canadian Pavilion in Epcot® of Orlando, FL in the form of Maple Bark for Holidays Around the World Epcot®.
This version Maple Bark contains pecans; it is absolutely delicious as it is not overwhelmingly sweet.
Although we only bought one bag, we wish we bought more.
A bite of the bark with a piece of the pecan on top is well balanced for the palate.
If you missed the Maple Bark from Epcot®, have no fear as you can make your own Maple Bark with this recipe from Epcot® that makes 24 pieces.
3/4 cup pecans
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided 1 1/2 tablespoons maple sugar
- Combine pecans and sea salt in a medium pan. Toast over medium heat, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes, until brown and fragrant. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, add sugar and water, stirring continuously until temperature reaches 295°F. Immediately pour onto baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat and spread into a 9×13-inch rectangle. Cool for at least 3 hours.
- Melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a small bowl and spread over one side of the cooled bark. Immediately sprinkle half of the chopped pecans and maple sugar over the chocolate. Cool for 2 hours, until chocolate is set.
- Melt remaining 3/4 cup of chocolate chips. Turn bark over and spread chocolate on the other half of the bark. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans and maple sugar. Cool for 2 hours, until chocolate is set.
- Break into 24 pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.
About Crown Maple
From bark to bottle, Crown Maple is a defining ingredient, delivering a gourmet maple experience like no other. Crown Maple is estate–produced from forests comprising the Taconic Hardwood Forest, a unique terroir which extends from the New York Eastern Mid-Hudson Valley to Central Western Vermont. Since the brand’s launch, the distinctive taste and versatility has won over discerning professionals and connoisseurs alike, elevating Crown Maple beyond a sweetener and into a defining ingredient.
All products are certified-organic, pairing the best nature has to offer with artisan craftsmanship and state-of-the-art production technology. From bark to bottle, Crown Maple is sustainably made on 800 acres of pristine land at Madava Farms in Dutchess County, New York, and truly sets the standard of excellence in maple production and flavor.
For more information about Crown Maple and their products, please visit Crown Maple.