National Taco Day is this Wednesday October 4! Check out the local deals and specials going on for this glorious day.
Americans ate more than 4.5 billion tacos last year, according to the National Taco Day website.
In honor of the foodie holiday, Rubio’s Coastal Grill will offer guests deals all day Tuesday, October 3 (in conjunction with Taco Tuesday) on the signature fish taco that helped put the company on the map, as well as a few newer selections. Special all day deals include:
- $1.75 Original Fish Taco
- $2 Original Fish Taco Especial
- $2.25 Original Fish Taco with new Mango Salsa (available only on Oct. 3!)
- $1 off all alcohol all day
Cocina 214 in Winter Park will be offering its new Rotisserie Chicken Tacos for $10 to celebrate National Taco Day. The achiote rubbed rotisserie chicken is served with veggie rice, queso fresco, roasted corn, sautéed poblano salsa on corn tortillas.
Tijuana Flats, a unique, fast-casual Tex-Mex dining experience, is celebrating National Taco Day with $2 tacos and $2 Mexican drafts at all locations on Wednesday, October 4th.
On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina® will be celebrating the delicious holiday with unlimited 50-cent tacos, all day! There’s no limit on how many specially priced tacos a guest may purchase, so go ahead and go loco with any Beef, Chicken Tinga and Veggie Mini Crispy Tacos. Hand-prepared and made-to-order with only fresh ingredients, these tacos are nothing short of authentically delicious.
From Rockaway PR:
Did you know?
· Tacos were invented between 1,000 and 500 B.C. as a kind of edible spoon*
· The first mention of a taco in the United States can be found in 1905 in a newspaper**
· Americans consume more than 4 Billion Tacos Each Year ***
· The World’s Biggest Taco was made in 2011 and was 246 feet long***
*according to Tacopedia
** according to The Latin Kitchen
***according to Women.com
Food Lover’s Guide to Orlando’s Best Seafood Tacos
1921 by Norman Van Aken
142 E 4th Ave, Mt Dora
- Beer Battered Fish Tacos- Corn tortillas with Avocado & Zellwood Corn Relish $12
Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen
6967Lake Nona Blvd, Orlando
- Tempura Fish Taco- Local catch, zesty slaw, soft flour tortilla, chipotle aioli $8
- Pan-Seared Florida White Fish Taco- Jicama Slaw, Red Onion, Soft Flour Tortilla, Cilantro Chiffonade $8
- Baja Fish Taco- Light breaded grouper topped with a drunken raisin coleslaw & pickled onion $13.50
- Shrimp & Chorizo- Red peppers, sautéed onions, avocado, and habanero aioli $14.50
- Baja Fish Tacos- 3 crispy seasonal white fish, cabbage slaw, corn salsa, cilantro-lime crema, tortilla salad $19
The Ravenous Pig
- The Tacos– Crispy shrimp, cilantro, avocado, pickled jalapeño, cabbage slaw $14