The Croke Park Classic in Dublin, Ireland will see the University of Central Florida host Penn State on the Saturday 30th August 2014 at 8:30AM EST, the first time that UCF and Penn State have played outside the United States. For those Knights fans who weren’t able to make it across the pond to Ireland for the game, a few local Irish restaurants / pubs will be hosting their own watch parties for the UCF Penn State game here in Orlando. The game will be played locally on ESPN2.
UCF vs Penn State Watch Party Live from Dublin Ireland at the Harp and Celt Irish Pubs and Restaurant
August 30, 2014 8:30 am – 10:30 am
Harp & Celt Irish Pub & Restaurant
25 S Magnolia Ave
Orlando, FL 32801
Saturday August 30, 2014 Watch Party
Live 8:30am UCF vs Penn State in Dublin Ireland
The Harp and Celt Hosting UCF vs Pen State Watch Party. Watch UCF and Penn State compete in Dublin Ireland on our 9 HDWS TV’s and on our 8′ X 12′ HD overhead screen with upgraded surround sound system that makes you feel like you’re actually at the stadium cheering on your team. Add our superior customer service with our award winning Irish/UK Cuisine, full bar with an extensive selection of whisky’s, spirits and local and International beers, and you have a winning combination that is unbeatable.
Whether you’re cheering on your team sitting in the upstairs balcony section or downstairs in the Celt or next door in the Harp Pub, you will always have a good seat for your viewing pleasure. Join the dedicated Local and International Futbol fans in Central Florida as they cheer their teams on in the World Arena.
Home of the American Outlaws Orlando Chapter
The Harp and Celt, Second to None! Ph. 407-481-2928
UCF’s CFE Arena
4000 Central Florida Blvd.
– UCF’s Student Government Association (SGA) will host a watch party at the entrance of CFE Arena at 7 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 30. 500 free limited edition t-shirts will be given out to commemorate the experience.
The Basement (Downtown Orlando)
68 E. Pine St.
Orlando, FL 32801
– Doors open at 6 a.m. Enjoy a complimentary Bloody Mary bar, sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka from 7-8 a.m. Event hosted by the UCF Young Alumni Chapter. RSVP now.
Join the UCF Young Alumni Chapter at The Basement Downtown Orlando to cheer on our Knights as they go head to head with the Penn State Nittany Lions! Enjoy drink specials, game day giveaways and hundreds of UCF fans all in one place. A complimentary Bloody Mary bar sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka will be available from 7-8 a.m. Come dressed in your best black and gold to watch us repeat last years win!
Unable to attend in Orlando? Check out a listing of watch parties nationwide. RSVP Now: https://www.ucfknightsnetwork.com/beatpennstateindublin
Bubbalou’s Bodacious BBQ (Alafaya Trail location)
12100 Challenger Parkway
Orlando, FL 32826
– Breakfast will be served from 7:30-10:30 a.m. Special menu items include breakfast classic, scramble skillet, Irish nachos, biscuits and gravy, $5 “man”mosas, $5 Murphy’s Irish stouts, $6 Jameson breakfast shots and much more.
Cheers Sports Bar (I-Drive)
6923 Municipal Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
– Opens at 8 a.m. and will offer Kegs and Eggs from 8 a.m. to noon. Happy hour specials will last from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and include $0.50 wings, $1.50 domestic pints, $2.50 premium pints, $1.75 wines and wells, two-for-one Captain & Jack, $3 Smirnoff flavors and $4 Smirnoff Bombs.
Friendly Confines (Winter Park location)
3088 Aloma Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32792
Doors open at 8 a.m.
Graffiti Junktion (Oviedo/UCF location)
3100 Alafaya Trail
Oviedo, FL 32765
– Opens at 7 a.m. with an all-you-can-eat-and-drink breakfast buffet for $15. Drink specials will be available throughout the entire game. Plus, a cornhole and clearpong tournament will immediately follow the game with a $200 cash prize and a trip for two to the Bahamas.
Hagan O’Reilly’s Irish Pub and Restaurant
16112 Marsh Road, Suite 401
Winter Garden, FL 34787
– Doors open at 7:30 a.m. Happy hour beer, wine and well prices will be offered, in addition to a full Irish breakfast for $5.99. The best-dressed fan will receive a $25 gift certificate.
Liam Fitzpatrick’s (Colonial Town Park)
951 Market Promenade Ave.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
– Doors open at 8 a.m. and brunch will be served. Drink specials include $3.50 bloody marys and mimosas, happy hour specials from open until 7 p.m., and $5 black (Jager) and gold (Fireball whiskey) shots. Reservations are not needed to attend, but reservations are needed to hold large tables.
Mulberry Street Bar & Grill (Avalon Park)
3831 Avalon Park E. Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32828
– Doors open at 8 a.m. Special menu includes breakfast pizza, French toast with bacon, regular bar appetizers, mimosas, bloody marys, Irish coffee, domestic and import bucket specials, and more.
Wackadoo’s Grub & Brew (UCF)
4000 Central Florida Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32816
– Doors open at 7 a.m. Special menu items include fish and chips, corned beef sandwiches and $1 beer specials. Tables will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. No fee or advance reservation is required.
Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill
303 N. Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826
- Breakfast menu includes scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, hash browns, and juice or coffee for $5.95. Plus, enjoy $1 off Guinness pints and Irish car bombs. Full menu will be available at 10 a.m.
Titled Kilt – University
11650 University Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32817
- Doors open at 7:30 a.m. Specials include Dos XX buckets (5 for $10) Coors Light & Miller Lite Tubes ($15) and $3 Coors Light & Miller Lite 20oz. drafts.
Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant Hosts 3rd Annual ‘Great Irish Hooley’ August 29-Sept. 1 at Downtown Disney
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Central Florida’s only Great Irish Hooley celebrates its third annual event August 29-Sept. 1 with the electric energy of live Irish music, authentic step dancing, first-rate food and interactive fun at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant in Downtown Disney.
“A Knights Brunch” at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant
On Sat. Aug 30 Raglan Road will host “A Knights Brunch”. Cheer the Knights to victory! UCF V Penn State Live from Dublin Ireland at Raglan Road. If you can’t be there be here! Watch the games on Big Screen TV’s and enjoy the best Irish brunch this side of the pond. Serving Raglan Road’s Irish brunch from 8.30 am. Check out the Brunch Menu WWW.RAGLANROAD.COM
FACE PAINTERS WILL BE ON HAND TO ADORN FANS WITH KNIGHTS EMBLEMS OR OTHER CHOICE MOTIFS, AND THE RESTAURANT WILL BE DECKED OUT IN UCF DECOR.
Labor Day weekend guests can celebrate Orlando’s only boutique Irish festival with authentic Irish cuisine and beverages and a memorable long weekend of top Irish talent, including award-winning bands and performances by the Raglan Road Dancers. Performances begin at 4 pm. Friday, August 29, and at noon Saturday, August 30 through Monday, Sept. 1 and continue throughout each day and night. This year’s Hooley band lineup includes:
Scythian, a headliner on the Celtic festival circuit and equally at home in rock venues – the band will release a fan-funded album, “Jump at the Sun,” in August.
The Raglan Rebels, Ireland’s best up-and-coming young band with traditional and modern songs and ballads.
Drops of Green, an exciting new ballad group from the heart of Ireland.
The Brayzen Heads, a popular duo on guitar and banjo playing Raglan Road regularly.
The West Coast Trio, from Connemara, playing traditional and contemporary Irish songs on accordion, flute and guitar with plenty of reels and jigs.
A traditional Irish social celebration, the “Hooley” combines music ranging from traditional to rock tunes with entertainment and interactive fun for the whole family. Guests can participate in Irish dance workshops, “From Our Roots to Riverdance,” led by renowned Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack of the original Riverdance cast from Saturday through Monday.
Guests also can kick up their heels with the Raglan Road Dancers – some just returning from wins at the World Championships of Irish Dancing — during structured set dancing known as the Ceili (pronounced kay-lee) – a precursor to today’s popular line dances. The Hooley also will feature Celtic face-painting Saturday through Monday. Throughout the Hooley, guests can step up to one of Raglan Road’s 130-year-old imported-from-Ireland bars or grab a table for authentic fare by Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon. A 2014 Trip Advisor “Certificate of Excellence” winner and this year’s “Best Restaurant” Orlando magazine readers’ poll award winner, Raglan Road is known for its beer-battered fish and chips, Shepherd’s pie with a contemporary twist, delectable seafood and gluten-free entrees.
“The Great Irish Hooley — Orlando’s own boutique Irish festival — is back for a third consecutive year, and we’re excited to share our traditions, as well as the best of Irish bands and entertainers,” says John Cooke, a Raglan Road founding partner and Emerald Isle native. The complete entertainment schedule, featuring five bands and the acclaimed troupe of Raglan Road Irish Dancers, will be posted at www.raglanroad.com closer to the event dates.
Owned and operated by Irish partners John Cooke, Paul Nolan and celebrity chef Kevin Dundon – famous for his five-star hotel and cookery school in Ireland – Raglan Road features traditional Irish dishes and new creations with a Celtic twist. The restaurant’s warm interior of aged walnut and mahogany woods from old Irish bars and churches was built in Ireland and shipped to Orlando. Live entertainment nightly includes Irish house band Creel, Irish duo Johnny and Justin plus the Raglan Road Irish Dancers. Lunch is served 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; Dinner 3-11 p.m.; Bar menu 11 p.m.-late; Sunday Brunch from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant is located on Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney in the Walt Disney World Resort, 1640 E. Buena Vista Dr., Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Visit www.raglanroad.com or call 407/938-0300.