From August 17 to October 31 on select dates, Disneys Magic Kingdom is hosting their annual Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! The event kicks off at 7 p.m and lasts until midnight. We got a chance to check out the new entertainment, dining, attractions, merchandise and specialty foods.
There are six different dining locations in the park; Main Street U.S.A, Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. Throughout these locations, you can find the new treats that Disney whipped up this year.
Here are the desserts:
- Jack Skellington Dessert
- Hitchhiking Ghost Dessert
- Oogie Boogie Meringue
- Maleficent Dessert
- Madame Leota Dessert
- Worms and Dirt Dessert
Here is a look at additional desserts that can be found in the park –
Just like the treats, you can find new event merchandise at select locations throughout the fun filled land. There is Emporium (Full Event Collection), Curtain Call Collectibles (Costume Pieces), Big Top Souvenirs (Full Event Collection), and Frontier Trading Post (Event Trading Pins).
Be sure to visit the Treat Locations within the park. The spots you’ll want to hit are :
- Market Street in Main Street
- Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise in Adventureland
- Splash Mountain, Dock to Tom Sawyer Island and Country Bear Jamboree in Frontierland
- Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Ariel’s Grotto, Pinocchio Village Haus, and Walt Disney World Railroad Station in Fantasyland
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, and Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland
The entertainment is another treat you don’t want to miss. Here is the listing:
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular (Castle Forecourt Stage) at 8:30 p.m, 10:45 p.m and 12:00 a.m
- Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade at 9:15 p.m and 11:15 p.m
- Happy Hallowishes Fireworks (Skies above Cinderella Castle) at 10:15 p.m
- Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball (Tomorrowland) at 7:00 p.m – 12:00 a.m
- Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam (Fantasyland) at 7:00 p.m – 12:00 a.m
There will also be Special Disney Character Appearances all around the park.
Some famous attractions are filled with HALLOWEEN FUN! They are enhanced especially for the event. I went on Space Mountain and the ride was said to be “darker than usual” inside the tunnel that the coaster goes through. Other enhanced rides are Pirates of the Caribbean and Mad Tea Party.
Another cool aspect about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is their Allergy-Friendly Offerings. There are special treat bags you can pick up. You can also visit Town Square Theater or Liberty Square Ticket Office which are the allergy-friendly centers.
A handy tool to pick up before entering the park is the park map. It pin points where all of the event highlights are. I recommend going more than once. There is so much to see and do. Above all, my favorite was the Happy Hallowishes Fireworks. It was one of the best firework shows I have ever seen. Take advantage of the season and have fun!