Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that support normal brain function, which can contribute to a decrease symptoms of depression during these times so let’s boost our immune system and outlook with a healthy make-at-home lunch option.
Dragonfly Robata wants to give you their personal recipe that feeds 4.
- 1 oz vegetable oil
- 12 oz salmon, saku, sashimi grade
- 3 oz kale
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 tsp yuzu juice (or lemon juice substitute)
- 1 tsp soy
- 4 strawberries, cleaned, halved
- 20 each blueberries, cleaned
- Heat up a sauté pan on high heat. Add oil to the pan. Season fish with S&P. Once pan starts smoking, add salmon to the pan and sear each side of the fish till golden brown. You would want to do a quick sear on each side, about 20-30 seconds on each side. Set salmon aside to cool.
- Take kale and fry in a 300F fryer till crispy. Be careful when frying kale, it will pop around In the fryer. Season kale with salt and set aside.
- Make crème fraiche sauce. Mix all three ingredients together and mix well and set aside.
- Take all the berries, clean and prep and set aside.
- Plate up: cut salmon on a bias into 1inch strips. Spoon onto a plate the crème fraiche yuzu sauce generously, lay salmon on top of the sauce and garnish with berries and top with kale for texture. Finish plate with a touch of maldon.