The sprawling 500-acre resort, Grande Lakes Orlando, home to The Ritz-Carlton Orlando and JW Marriott Orlando, is hosting “Fall on the Farm” every Saturday and Sunday in October from 10am-3pm.
Fall on the Farm is family friendly fall-themed outdoor event that takes place at Whisper Creek Farm, the 18,000 square feet farm located on-property.
Whisper Creek Farm features all the culinary bounty of Central Florida: from the on-site apiary, which produces honey for Grande Lakes Orlando’s restaurants and spa, to the vast assortment of fruits, vegetables, and herbs, to the dozens of chicken, ducks and quail; Whisper Creek Farm is one of the largest farms in the Orlando area that is open year-round to visitors for tours and culinary programming.
We loved the autumn-centric activities including a hayride, pumpkin picking, and pumpkin carving and painting workshops with the resort’s Olympic medalist and two-time World Champion culinary artist and carver, Victor Dagatan.
We also enjoyed arts and crafts, corn hole, maze, and family games.
Live & upbeat entertainment
Another highlight was the farmer’s market where we purchased a taste of Grande Lakes Orlando’s locally produced and homemade items such as honey, Surplus Beer, jams, BBQ sauces, rubs, popcorn, and more.
Some of the wonderful food options for purchase included pulled pork and brisket sliders, pulled pork sliders, hot dogs, warm pretzels bites, and bbq chips – all expertly prepared by the Grande Lakes Food and Beverage Team.
Grande Lakes Orlando’s Director of Fly Fishing, Captain Mark Benson shared fun facts about fishing and how to properly setup fishing line and lure.
The Master Falconer visited between 12-12:30pm so guests had the opportunity to see a falcon and learn about falconry school.
Access to Fall on the Farm is $40 per person for overnight resort guests, and $60 per person for non-resort guests. Children ages two and under are complimentary.
During the event, a shuttle will be provided for overnight resort guests. Non-resort guests can park directly at Whisper Creek Farm. Signage will be located along John Young Parkway to direct traffic.
Families and friends can also schedule a photography session with The Photography Concierge to capture your fall family portrait, packages start at $30.
PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR FALL FAMILY PHOTOS:
• The Photography Concierge to capture fall family portrait. Advanced reservations required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (407) 393-4530.
• Souvenir Package: $30, 1 Pose, 1 Digital Image.
• Upgraded Souvenir Package: $50, 2 Poses, 2 Digital Images.
• 15 Minute Mini Session: $100, All Digital Images.
Grande Lakes Orlando is the perfect place for a relaxing staycation or a retreat within driving distance.
CHOOSE FROM THREE PACKAGES:
• Grande Escape Package – offers 15% savings, $25 daily resort credit, and complimentary self-parking. (Online Promotional code: D3Q)
• Family Escape Package – buy one king guestroom and receive a second guaranteed connecting guestroom with two queen beds at 50% savings as well as self-parking and a 2 pm late checkout. (Online Promotional Code: MAJ)
• Suite Family Getaway Package – purchase a
King Executive Suite and receive a complimentary connecting Lakefront View guestroom with two queen beds as well as self-parking, 2 pm late checkout. (Online Promotional Code: MAJ)