Have you heard about the new The 1 Cantina, a new Mexican Urban Cantina restaurant at Marketplace at Avalon Park?
They specialize in small shareable dishes giving a tasting of Mexico’s favorite flavors – from cochinita pibil in the Yucatan to al pastor tacos and quesabirria.
In vibrant and modern Mexico City, the cantina is a place for traditional Mexican drinking culture, enjoying some botanas (bar snacks) and atmosphere. Owners Giovanni Rodriguez and Marigel Haaz, who hail from Mexico City, are trying to bring some of those memories of the cosmopolitan Mexican cantinas – to the 1 Cantina right in the heart of downtown Avalon Park in east Orlando.
The restaurant also has an impressive craft cocktail list full of tequilas and mezcals, that bold, smoky Mexican liquor made from the agave plant. Don’t miss their weekend Mexican Style Brunch with unlimited Mimosas, Margaritas, Sangrias, and Blood Mary’s for $19.95 to go along with those chilaquiles.
Featured Dishes at The 1 Cantina Include:
– House made sopes: Corn Tortilla de maíz with chicken tinga, chorizo and pork belly
– Ribeye Carnitas on Fresh Guacamole
– Queso Costra or Chicharron de Queso – thin fried cheese crust rolled
– House made Huarache – A giant dish the size of your forearm – with Pork Belly or Cecina (salted cured thin meat) or veggies
– Taco Sampler – Al Pastor Pork, Cochinita Pibil (slow-cooked achiote marinated pork), Quesabirrias
– Choco Flan – creamy vanilla flan on chocolate cake
– Sweet Corn Pie – Pay de Elote – house made
– Spicy Jalapeño margarita
The 1 Cantina
3801 Avalon Park E Blvd
Orlando, Fl 32828