Quantum Leap Winery will host a Friends of James Beard Benefit (FOJBB) dinner on November 9, 2023 at the winery, benefiting The James Beard Foundation.
The event will feature a fantastic lineup of some of Orlando’s esteemed chefs, including Trina Gregory, Chef/Owner, Se7ev Bites and world-renowned wine experts, including George Miliotes, Master Sommelier/Owner, Wine Bar George to celebrate the comradery of Orlando’s culinary and wine community and their support of the James Beard Foundation (JBF).
‘Friends of the Vine: A Magical Evening’ is part of the Friends of James Beard Benefit series, a national series of events that provide critical funding for programs, to help JBF achieve its mission to celebrate, support, and elevate the people behind America’s food culture, and champion a standard of Good Food for Good© anchored in talent, equity, and sustainability.
“We are honored to host a Friends of James Beard Benefit at our winery. On this very special night, Quantum Leap Winery will create an evening of magic and belonging for lovers of wine and food and the special relationships in our community. As we know, Orlando — The City Beautiful — is a community valuing and supporting innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity, authenticity, sustainability and magic. It is a place where all types of people can belong and thrive.
Quantum Leap Winery mirrors these values and is proud to be part of this community for over 10 years, supported by locals and visitors alike and this is a way for us and members of the culinary and wine community to give back while showcasing the talents of our wonderful featured chef and maker partners in helping to support JBF,” said Quantum Leap Winery Co-Owner and Event Host, David Forrester.
Menu & Tickets: Ticket price is $175 per person (plus tax) and can be purchased at: https://quantumleapwinery.
Menu will be finalized and posted soon – some of the delicious offerings are:
Crispy Lamb Meatballs, Oysters and Caviar, New American BBQ Duck, Adobo risotto, Bistek & Pomme purée, Smothered Pork and Cornbread, Tinned fish pop up – Chargrilled Octopus, Spiced Calamari, Chargrilled Razor Clams
- Evening Hosts/Owners – David Forrester, Edna Morris and Jill Ramsier, Quantum Leap Winery, Orlando, FL
- Shannea “Nikki” Akins – Chef/Owner, Nikki’s Place, Orlando, FL
- Stephen Gray – Executive Chef, Arthur’s Catering, Orlando, FL
- Trina Gregory – Chef/Owner, Se7ev Bites, Orlando, FL
- Matt Hinckley – Chef/Owner, Hinckley’s Fancy Meats, Orlando, FL
- Mark Leggett – Owner, Arthur’s Catering, Orlando, FL
- Lordfer ‘Lo’ Lalicon – Chef/Owner, Kaya, Orlando, FL
- Tonda Corrente – Chef/Owner, La Femme Du Fromage, Orlando, FL
- Jamie McFadden – Executive Chef/Founder, Cuisiniers Catered Cuisine & Events, and Snowbirds Vintners & Sandy Ridge Vineyards, Winter Park, FL
- George Miliotes – Master Sommelier/Owner, Wine Bar George, Orlando, FL
You may view the featured participants’ full bios at: https://
Guests will enjoy multiple walk around dinner and dessert stations and wine pairings, created just for this special night through a unique chef and master sommelier collaboration curated by the featured participants.
A reception prior will feature signature wines, passed Hors d’oeuvres and a wine glass embossed with the James Beard Foundation and Quantum Leap Winery logos for guests to use during the event and take home as a gift to commemorate the special evening.