We were recently invited to BRIO Tuscan Grille at the Mall at Millenia to preview their new menu items.
Perfect for sharing, a sampling of their four housemade Bruschettas. From left to right:
1. Sliced Steak Bruschetta: A seared medium rare steak with fresh arugula, sharp parmesan with charred tomato and a bit of balsamic to ease the tang of the cheese.
2. Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta: sweet red pepper with fresh mozzarella, basil with parmesan and balsamic glaze on top.
3. Applewood Bacon & Tomato Jam Bruschetta: Incredibly savory, with a soft jam to ease the toasted bread. A little sweet and creamy with the ricotta on the bottom.
4. Anti-pasta Bruschetta: (seasonal item) sliced pepperoni, olives, pepperoncini, mozzarella, and tomatoes all are cold but is served on a toasted bread.
We also had another hefty appetizer – the Spicy Shrimp & Eggplant. (12.45)
Romano crusted fried eggplant with pan seared shrimp all smothered in a black pepper cream sauce. I usually don’t like eggplant because of the texture ( it gets too mushy and slimy) but this eggplant I did not mind at all. My guest and I devoured the entire thing!
A little side fact: the founders were from New Orleans region so there’s always a little bit of creole twist/influences along side with the traditional Italian flavours.
We lighten things up a little bit with a kale Caesar Salad. (6.95)
Romaine, radicchio, marinated kale, pancetta, tomatoes, chopped egg, croutons, Caeser dressing, Pecorino Romano. it’s everything you wanted in a classic caesar but better.
Crab&Shrimp Crusted Salmon (19.95)
A perfect meal for when I need to stay on track with my eating habits but too lazy to cook. Grilled Salmon marinade in the special house marinade with a nice layer of more seafood goodness on top (crab &shrimp). All on top of roasted vegetables, quinoa, farro, and a zesty lemon vinaigrette.
But for those who are looking to splurge on calories: Shrimp & Lobster Fettuccine (21.95)
Crimini mushrooms, green onions, tomatoes, with chunks of lobster meat and shrimps all in a creamy spicy lobster butter sauce. (there’s vegetables in it so…it shouldn’t be that bad..)
and of course I had to end the dinner with some desserts: Dolchino Trio (10.50)
from left to right:
1.Key lime mouse (Seasonal)
2. Caramel Mascarpone Cheesecake
3. Creme Brulee