4 Rivers Restaurant Group will debut four new limited-time-only “Smokehouse Summer” dishes at its locations in Florida and Georgia (excluding downtown Orlando).
The Squash Blossom Quesadilla is a great vegetarian choice. All of the flavors blend well and the ingredients are fresh in each bite.
The Beef Short Rib Neat Nachos were tender, but it doesn’t stand out to the point where I would be ordering it again.
Although 4 Rivers is a Smokehouse, it doesn’t stop them from building a beautiful and delicious Charcuterie and Fromage Board. This would have to be my favorite thing from the night. I was tempted in carrying the whole board out to my car!
Available from June 4 to Aug. 4, the Smokehouse Barbacoa Bowls will be offered in four varieties – Brisket Barbacoa, Nana’s Pork Sofrito, Chicken Tinga and Black Bean & Cilantro Rice.
Each of the Smokehouse Barbacoa Bowls have their specific flavors that are slightly unique from one another.
The Chicken Tinga may be my favorite of the night with its juiciness.
Nana’s Pork Sofrito has a beautiful story behind it, which you should ask your waiter/waitress about. It is made by a local grandmother with all her love and care shared to 4 Rivers owner, John Rivers. I’ve heard rumors that the sauce may be found at Publix in the future.
4 Rivers Sweet Shop will also offer two limited-time-only summer specials. In June the featured dessert will be a Mountain Dew and Doritos Cupcake and in July a Coca-Cola and Potato Chip Cupcake. Each of these desserts have interesting ingredients that you may not think they would blend well together; yet, to your surprise, they are all delicious.
My favorite dessert would have to be the Key Lime Brûlée with Rum-Infused Whipped Cream. It is nice, creamy and the key lime is not overwhelming whatsoever.
While visiting their local Smokehouse, 4 Rivers guests can show their summer spirit by taking pictures at the Smokehouse Summer photo booth with their friends, family and food. Guests are encouraged to share their photos with #4RSmokehouseSummer on social media for chances to win prizes. All prize packages include a beach towel, beach tote, 4R koozie, magnet and pen. Weekly rotating prizes include 4R spice rubs and BBQ sauces, 4R insulated water bottle and an autographed copy of John Rivers’ The Southern Cowboy Cookbook.
In addition to these additional eats, 4 Rivers will offer a few events and promotions:
- Teachers enjoy 10% off of their meal during this summer event with a valid ID.
- Children can invite their dad on a date for Father’s Day: A Date with Dad from June 15-16 to enjoy family friendly activities.
- 4 Rivers Smokehouses will also be open from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on the Fourth of July.
- Cooking Demos will take place with 4 Rivers at local hardware stores cooking their signature favorites.
- The first demo and sampling is at University Ace Hardware located at 3755 Alafaya Trail from 11am-3pm.
- Be on the lookout for a backpack drive in a few months. Diners can trade a FULL backpack (with items from a list to be provided by 4 Rivers) for students at locally selected Title 1 elementary schools for a free sandwich.
For more information, please visit 4 Rivers Smokehouse.