To thank healthcare workers and first responders for their service during this time of uncertainty, Firehouse Subs franchisees across Central Florida have partnered with the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation to donate more than 2,100 meals to local healthcare workers, first responders and individuals in need.
Franchisees Don Davey and Scott Anthony donated more than 300 meals to healthcare workers, first responders and employees at Advent Health Hospital in Apopka, Deland Police Department, Orlando Police Department, City of Altamonte Springs Police Department, Orange County Fire Rescue Station 36, Osceola Regional Medical Center, Solaris Healthcare in Ocoee, Advent Health in Kissimmee, Orlando Health in Winter Garden and Nemours Hospital. The two own 13 Firehouse Subs restaurants in the Orlando area and are honored to give back to the communities who have supported them for nearly two decades.
“Supporting public safety efforts and our local heroes has always been a part of what we do at Firehouse Subs,” said Davey. “It’s more important than ever in these times, and we have to do what we can to support each other.”
“We want our local heroes to know that we appreciate what they do for us,” Anthony said. “If we can brighten their day by providing a hearty, flavorful meal, we are more than happy to do that.”
Area Representatives and Franchisees Mike and Suzanne Kelly oversee all of the Central Florida Firehouse Subs restaurants and own restaurants in Leesburg and Lake Mary. Seeing a need in their communities, the Kellys partnered with the Foundation to donate hundreds of meals from both of their restaurants, including more 200 meals to healthcare workers at Advent Hospital and South Seminole Hospital.
Over on the coastline, Franchisees Jeff and Britt Diaz have donated more than 100 meals to the Titusville Fire Department and people in need. The couple own three Firehouse Subs restaurants located in Titusville, Rockledge and Indian Harbour Beach.
Meliany VanNostrand, owner of five Firehouse Subs restaurants in the Orlando area, provided 400 meals to feed the entire staff at Advent Health in East Orlando after hearing from a local nurse that most healthcare workers are too busy to eat lunch some days.
“When I heard that our local healthcare workers were struggling to find time to take a break and eat a hearty meal, I knew we had to help,” said VanNostrand. “I called Advent Health in East Orlando the next day and asked what day is typically the busiest for them. We prepared and delivered meals to feed all of the nurses and doctors in the hospital that day. It’s the least we can do to thank the people who selflessly keep our communities safe.”
Over 1,100 meals were donated from Firehouse Subs Franchisees Doug and Heather Hubbard to feed medical professionals at St. Cloud Regional, Advent Healthcare in St. Cloud, Advent Healthcare Celebration Hospital and deputies at the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department. The Hubbards own two restaurants in St. Cloud and Orlando.
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation has partnered with Firehouse Subs restaurants to feed tens of thousands of healthcare workers and first responders across the U.S. on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as individuals and families in need and seniors who are unable to leave their homes through the Foundation’s COVID-19 Disaster Relief Fund. Throughout the month of April, all funds collected by Firehouse Subs restaurants through Round Up, canister donations and recycled pickle bucket donations will support immediate COVID-19 disaster relief efforts through the Foundation.
Since March 18, this partnership has provided more than 39,000 meals to firefighters, police officers and healthcare workers, as well as individuals and families in need and seniors who are unable to leave their homes.
Visit www.firehousesubs.com to find the closest restaurant and order online. Donations to support Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation’s relief efforts can be made at https://firehousesubsfoundation.org/donate/.
Family Meal Deal
– At a time when consumers are at home with family or roommates and craving an easy way to fulfill their comfort-food fix, Firehouse Subs has launched a limited-time offer that allows guests to mix-and-match some of their Firehouse favorites.
– Firehouse Subs Family Meal Deal is available now for a limited time at U.S. locations, excluding Alaska.
– Family Meal Deal features a choice of three medium subs – any combination of the iconic Hook & Ladder, Italian or Firehouse Meatball – three bags of chips and three freshly-baked cookies for $24, plus tax.
– To order the Family Meal Deal, visit FirehouseSubs.com or download the Firehouse Subs app to order and have it boxed, bagged and ready for pickup at the Rapid Rescue To Go station inside at your nearest Firehouse Subs location
– Even better, the Family Meal Deal helps save lives. At Firehouse Subs, the steaming hot subs have substance with a portion of every purchase going directly to Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation® to provide lifesaving equipment to first responders. To date, the Foundation has donated more than $50 million to hometown heroes across the U.S.