I was recently invited by the folks at The Capital Grille (located near the Orange County Convention Center on International Drive) for an exclusive media preview event showcasing the new summer wine event that they are presenting called “The Generous Pour”. From July 12 through September 4th, guests can enjoy 9 world-class wines for $25 with dinner during The Capital Grille’s Generous Pour Summer Wine Event. Each featured wine was specially chosen from unique vineyards around the world by The Capital Grille’s Master Sommelier, George Miliotes, one of only 173 Master Sommeliers in the world.
We were able to tweet to George @thewineexpert and the conversation could be followed with the hashtag #tcgpour11 on twitter.com . You can actually tweet George @thewineexpert throughout the event till September 4th regarding any questions if you so choose.
port wine from RL Buller, The Portly Gentlemen
The Generous Pour Wine Event introduces guests to some of the season’s newest wine trends, while also offering hard-to-find varietals as well as known favorites. Highlights from this summer’s chic collection of choice whites and reds are:
· Tarima Hill Monastrell, 2009 – Making its U.S. debut at The Capital Grille this summer, this spectacular varietal is setting a new standard for Spanish medium-bodied red wine.
· Chalk Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2006 – Named for the volcanic chalk under the vineyard’s hillside surface, which gives a delightfully unique quality to the wine’s flavor, this rich, dense wine is one of Sonoma Valley’s best.
· Marquis de la Tour, NV – This sparkling “bubbly” hails from a vineyard in France’s Loire Valley, which has been producing excellence since 1885.
· Conte Brandolini Vistorta Merlot, 2006 – Harvested from 100-year-old vines in a small vineyard in Northeast Italy, this merlot epitomizes powerful elegance.
The full list of wine are as follows:
– Marquis de la Tour, Cremant de Loire Brut, Sparkling Wine
– La Cana Albarino, 2010
– Chateau St. Jean Belle Terre Chardonnay, 2008
– Fremark Abbey, Cabernet Bosche, 2003
– Chalk Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2006
– Byron Pinot Noir, 2009
– Conte Brandolini, Vistorta Merlot, 2006
– Tarima Hill Monastrell, Alicante, 2009
RL Buller, The Portly Gentleman, Port
Special Thank you to Managing Partner Randy Cook, Executive Chef Matthew Price, Master Sommelier George Miliotes, Marketing Manager Shannon Niedenthal, our awesome servers Kerrie (my fave!) and Anthony, and especially Samantha Bruno of Janine Gordon Associates for this truly wonderful evening filled with sweet memories of amazing wine and food. Executive Chef Matthew Price will also be at this year’s Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation Orlando at the Marriott World Center on August 6, 2011. Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation is a great cause which helps end childhood hunger in America. 100% of ticket sales support Share Our Strength’s efforts to end childhood hunger. For more information visit http://www.strength.org/orlando/