This Sunday Oct 30th 2011
TheDailyCity.com is bringing the Food Truck Bazaar to the Lake Nona area for the very first time!
Location: CrossPointe Church Orlando, 11002 Lake Hart Dr., Orlando, FL 32832.
View Larger Map
The church is having a (free) Fall Festival as well there. Too much fun! 4:30-8pm.
Know Before You Go
1. Expect to wait in long lines. While the food is delicious, it does not come fast. Why? Its not fast food. These are restaurants on wheels. Plan to wait. And please note: we (The Daily City) have no control over the speed at which the lines move. The food trucks themselves control that.
2. Some trucks will run out of food. This can happen even while you’re waiting in line and if you show up to the event too late.
3. Bring chairs, tables, tents: think tailgating. If you want to sit down while in line or while eating, bring a chair.
4. Many of the trucks have loud lawn mower-sounding generators attached to them. With 15 – 20 trucks in one spot, it can get pretty noisy. You’ve been warned.
5. Most trucks now take credit cards, but sometimes the credit card machines (these days which are now ipads and iphones!) can break down, so bring cash. Ones and fives (not tens and twenties) are VERY welcome by the vendors.
TRUCKS (ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE)
Dinner Trucks: C&S; Brisket Bus, Firehouse BBQ, Melissa’s Chicken & Waffles, Winter Park Fish Co., Tastebuds Catering, Dandelion Vegan Truck, The Crooked Spoon, The Mobile Deli (Korean), The Pupusas Truck, Korean BBQ Taco Box, The Travelling Gourmet, Big Wheel Provisions, Treehouse Truck, The Gator Truck. Dessert Trucks: Yum Yum Cupcake Truck, The Batter Bowl, Sunset Italian Ice, Jeremiah’s Italian Ice, The Crepe Company, Gastrotruck
LAKE NONA SCHEDULE 5-9pm
Oct 30 | CrossPointe Church Orlando*
Nov 19 | CrossPointe Church*
Dec 17 | CrossPointe Church*
*11002 Lake Hart Dr., Orlando, FL 32832
YES! I've been wanting to try the Food Truck event. I'm excited that they're going to be right around the corner from my house!
Can't wait!! I have been wanting to attend one for some time now. 🙂