Orlando’s hottest new rooftop restaurant, illume, is opening at the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa, on Thursday May 27th. We got an exclusive sneak peek at illume – this place is full breathtaking views, an Asian-inspired menu , and handcrafted Japanese sake and aged whiskey cocktails. Perfect for viewing the nightly nearby Disney fireworks. The restaurant will be led by chef Myra Buerkle.
JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek general manager Sam Basu tells us, “With a chic ambiance, inventive menu and the best views of the Disney fireworks in all of Orlando, illume brings an exciting new dining concept to the city’s food scene, and will quickly become the go-to spot for date nights, evenings out on the town and celebratory events for locals and JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek guests alike.”
And director of F&B Daniel Schmidt: “We’re excited for illume guests to experience Chef Myra Buerkle’s innovative takes on Asian-style tapas and sushi. The rooftop lounge’s creative food offerings, paired with its dynamic wine, whiskey and sake program and 360-degree views, will make every experience at illume one to remember.”
- Grand opening: May 27, 2021
- 5,200 square feet exterior with 4,600 square foot interior
- Seats/capacity: 150
- Phone number: 407-919-6376
- Address: 14900 Chelonia Parkway, Orlando, FL
Located on the 9th floor at the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa
- Manager: Heliana Bartlett
- Executive chef: Myra Buerkle
- Unrivaled views of the nightly Disney fireworks and surrounding Bonnet Creek Preserve.
- Designed by Street Sense, every aspect of illume was designed to amplify the space’s panoramic views, from glass walls on the terrace to an indoor/outdoor seating area. The rooftop will also incorporate a sushi bar where guests can watch signature menu items come to life, plus modern design elements like a wraparound central bar to highlight the 360° views and in-wall fireplaces to further enhance the ambiance.
- The ambience is relaxed luxury, boasting an atmosphere that feels like a special night out in a comfortable environment.
- illume’s interiors include Seminole American Indian artifacts on the walls to honor the area’s vibrant past.
Food & Beverage
- Modern Asian-inspired food menu features a one-of-a-kind combination of local and seasonal ingredients.
- illume’s selection of handcrafted cocktails focus on Japanese sake and aged whiskey.
About JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa
- The full-service, five-star JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa opened in July 2020 and has everything guests need for a luxurious Orlando getaway, from 516 plush guestrooms to fun-filled amenities. Situated conveniently right outside the gates of Disney World, the resort boasts a 10,000 square foot spa with treatments unique to the resort; an outdoor pool with swanky cabanas; seven onsite restaurants and bars, including the chic steak and seafood restaurant Sear + Sea and the new illume rooftop bar; a rooftop miniature golf course and rock-climbing wall; and a complimentary shuttle service to the theme parks.