This year, the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (March 5 – May 18) sees the theme park transformed with new, whimsical topiary displays and a world showcase full of garden-grown treats, savory meats and spring-inspired flavors.
In 2014, the 11 food booths (one less than last year’s 12 booths) in the EPCOT World Showcase have been rebranded as “Outdoor Kitchens” with a brand new booth called Urban Farm Eats, inspired by the grow-your-own produce movement and featuring vegetables grown at Epcot’s very own Land Pavillion.
Epcot Executive Chef Jens Dahlmann is most excited about the new features at The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews “outdoor kitchen”, a truly American tradition of slow-cooked flavors near The American Adventure Pavilion, particularly the smoked turkey “ribs” and the “Piggylicious” bacon cupcake with maple frosting and pretzel crunch featuring Nueske’s® Applewood Smoked Bacon baked right into the cupcake.
Tasty Chomps’ Top 11 Must Try Eats at 2014 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival
1. Florida Fresh – near Germany – Shrimp and stone ground grits with andouille sausage, sweet corn, tomatoes and cilantro
2. Urban Farm Eats – Ghost Pepper-dusted Tilapia with Crisp Winter Melon Slaw and Mint Oil featuring The Original Sauce Man’s Kick It Up Rub
3. The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews – America – Smoked Turkey “Rib”
4. Buttercup Cottage – United Kingdom – Freshly baked potato and cheddar cheese biscuit with smoked salmon tartare
5. Lotus House – China – Beijing-style candied strawberries
6. Hanami – Frushi – Japan – Fresh pineapple, strawberries and melon, rolled with coconut rice, topped with raspberry sauce, sprinkled with toasted coconut and served with whipped cream on the side
7. Hanami – Hanami sushi – Japan – A flavorful combination of salmon, scallop and beef-topped rice balls served atop a shiso violet sauce
8. Buttercup Cottage – United Kingdom – Pork and apple sausage roll with house-made pickled piccalilli
9. The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews – America – Smoked beef brisket with collard greens and jalapeño corn bread
10. Pineapple Promenade – Dole Whips with Captain Morgan’s Parrot Bay Rum or Myer’s Dark Rum
Epcot Flower and Garden’s Beautiful New Topiary Displays
New this year is a whole series of new topiary displays including the detailed faces of many of the stunning topiary displays of Disney characters through out the park, particularly Snow White…
This was the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves display last year:
Compared to this year, her features are much more detailed:
Disney’s Frozen arrives at Epcot’s Norway Pavilion
Also, this year right on the heels of their new blockbuster hit “Frozen”, Epcot’s Norway Pavilion has underwent a few changes, most notably the addition of a Disney character Meet and Greet for Elsa and Anna at the pavilion with lines lasting up to 5 hours long. During our visit, the line was 3.5 hours long…quite the wait!
Video at Epcot of meeting Elsa and Anna at the Epcot character Meet and Greet
More Favorite Scenes from the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival 2014
Croque Glace at Les Artisans des Glace
Hanging out with Epcot Executive Chef Jens Dahlmann
Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is going on now from March 5 – May 18, visit soon!