The House of Blues at Disney Springs overflows with art – from the decor to the music to the food. The restaurant itself is surrounded by touches of eclectic, contemporary and traditional southern art, especially folk art. Looking around, you could feel the soul and heart that was put into each piece of art adorning its walls.
There’s nightly live entertainment from local bands to rockstar karaoke acts. It’s also the home to some very soulful, flavorful Southern-inspired dishes.
The very first House of Blues opened its doors in a converted historical house in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1992 and is home to live music, original folk art, and delta-inspired cuisine.
The House of Blues grew out of founder Isaac Tigrett’s love for the unique American art form known as the “the Blues” – the founder aimed to introduce the world to the music of the rural south, including the Blues, Rhythm and Blues, Gospel, Jazz and Roots-based Rock & Roll.
Canadian comic actor Dan Aykroyd (Saturday Night Live, Ghostbusters, Blues Brothers 2000) is a co-owner of House of Blues, and can sometimes be found on the building premises enjoying a meal or perusing the merchandise shop, if you look closely enough.
We were excited to have the opportunity to try some of these new dishes as well as some classic crowd favorites.
New House of Blues Dishes:
Country Fried Steak – I enjoyed the hint of peppery spice from this dish, a crispy fried USDA Prime flat iron steak, swimming in a sauce of andouille country gravy, and a nice heaping of roasted garlic mashed potatoes, herb salad
The Yardbird – A bourbon-butter-brushed fried chicken breast, with slaw, buffalo aioli and dill pickles, also available simply grilled. Tasty, crunchy, fabulous fried chicken sandwich.
Voodoo Shrimp – You can really taste the New Orleans creole roots of this dish, a sautéed shrimp in a spicy, flavorful, deep Abita Amber beer reduction sauce served over jalapeño-cheese cornbread. It reminds me of a dish I had at Brennan’s in New Orlean’s French Quarter.
Juicy Lucy – The cheesey hamburger made with a beef-and-bacon grind patty stuffed with provolone cheese and topped with crispy jalapeños, roasted tomatoes, and chipotle mayo
Bourbon Bread Pudding – a taste of heaven on a plate – this bread pudding has hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and that sweet sweet butter. Fluffy and intoxicating.
Full List of New House of Blues Dishes and Drinks:
- BBQ Brisket Nachos: Slow-smoked BBQ brisket, house-cut tortilla chips, aged cheddar, avocado, roasted corn salsa, red onion, cotija cheese
- HOB Wings Served Three Ways: Texas BBQ Wings – with crispy onion, cilantro, ranch dressing; Nashville Style – with B&B pickles, blue cheese dressing; and Buffalo – with slaw, shaved habanero, blue cheese dressing
- Double Dip Deux: Pimento dip and avocado salsa with house-cut tortilla chips
- BBQ Chicken: Memphis sweet BBQ sauce, mozzarella and gouda, cilantro, smoked pulled chicken, cilantro crema, pickled red onion
- Margherita: Roasted garlic, mozzarella, balsamic tomato, basil and feta
Sandwiches and Burgers
- The Yardbird: Bourbon-butter-brushed fried chicken breast, with slaw, buffalo aioli and dill pickles, also available simply grilled
- Impossible Burger: Built 100 percent Vegan with Impossible™ burger patty, American cheese, shredded romaine, secret sauce and dill pickle chips
- Country Fired Steak: USDA Prime flat iron steak, served with andouille country gravy, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and herb salad
- Smoked Chicken: Half bird served with BBQ beans, slaw, B&B pickles, southern street corn, jalapeño cheese cornbread and a medley of signature sauces
- Frisky Whiskey: Woodford Reserve bourbon, Luxardo Sangue Morlacco, lemon, orange, simple syrup
- South of Manhattan: Buffalo Trace bourbon, Sazerac rye, Luxardo Sangue Morlacco, Martini & Rossi sweet vermouth, Peychaud’s bitters, Luxardo cherry, lemon
Strawberry Fields: Captain Morgan spiced rum, Disaronno amaretto, strawberry, passion fruit, mint, lime
- Royal Orleans: Crown Royal Apple whiskey, ginger, lime, mint
Dark Night: Gosling’s dark rum, Fuji apple, lemon, simple syrup, hibiscus, mint, ginger beer
- All Night Long: Hendrick’s gin, Cointreau, raspberry, lemon, mint, simple syrup
Black & Blues: Ketel One Botanical Cucumber & Mint vodka, cucumber, blackberry, lemon, simple syrup
“We are excited for guests to try our new menu, and we are truly proud of the work that the House of Blues’ executive culinary team put into each item,” said Jason Petrina, General Manager, House of Blues Orlando. “Our very talented team methodically crafted a selection of made-from-scratch dishes that stay true to the menu’s signature flavor profiles, while introducing both new and familiar ingredients that complement favorites. We are confident that this new menu will be an instant hit!”
House of Blues at Disney Springs
Address: 1490 Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
For more information on House of Blues Orlando, please visit www.HouseofBlues.com/Orlando, or call 407-934-2583.